2017 General Assembly Session
The Campaign will continue to push for additional funds to expand child psychiatry access and crisis response services for children in all five regions of the Commonwealth. Moving towards a comprehensive system of community-based treatment options, we’re also in support of funding the implementation of “same day access” to screening and and assessment services at 25 of the 40 CSBs.
This is a big year for policy initiatives. Here are important dates to keep in mind:
- December 16, 2016: Gov. McAuliffe will present his proposed amendments to our current biennial budget.
- January 4, 2017: The legislative money committees will hold their annual budget hearings in five locations around the state. Stay tuned for details.
- January 11, 2017: The General Assembly session starts. It’s a short session (45 days) this time.
- January 25, 2017: Mental Health Advocacy Day at the General Assembly! Join advocates from around the state to speak up for mental health needs, hosted by the Campaign for Children’s Mental Health, NAMI Virginia, Mental Health America—Virginia, and VOCAL.
- February 5, 2017: Budget bill crossover occurs.
- February 25, 2017: 2017 General Assembly session adjourns.