Welcome to the Campaign for Children’s Mental Health!
Voices for Virginia’s Children advocates to transform the children’s mental health system in Virginia through its Campaign for Children’s Mental Health. Created in 2009, the Campaign is coordinated by Voices, led by a steering committee of statewide mental health organizations, and supported by dozens of state and local partner organizations.
The Campaign for Children’s Mental Health works to increase access to mental health treatment for all children in Virginia who need it, regardless of where they live or what system identifies their needs.
What do we do?
- Recruit and mobilize parents as partners, advocates, and campaign leaders
- Cultivate key legislators and officials within the Governor’s office and executive branch to champion this cause
- Persuade state and local mental health officials to advocate for needed reforms
- Mobilize the grassroots to support the cause
- Educate the public about the importance of reforming the children’s mental health system